Monday, February 4, 2008

My Top 25 Favorite Records Of All-Time! (for now)

All right, let's kick this party off with a list of my favorite records. Why? Well mainly to give you a vibe of what kind of stuff I'm down with. Now, I left out some records I really love, this was only supposed to be a Top 20 but just getting it down to 25 was hard enough. I'm not going to put them in numerical order because that takes too long and would be fairly arbitrary. I'm also not going to talk about these records because it would just be me jacking off about how flawlessly perfect they are. Trust me and go check them out. A lot of them are records you're probably already familiar with but I doubt anyone reading this knows ALL of them. If you are, you get a cookie.

Art Brut-Bang Bang Rock & Roll



Bondage Fairies-What You Didn't Know When You Hired Me




Bonnie "Prince" Billy & Matt Sweeney-Superwolf



Glenn Branca-The Ascension



Cars Can Be Blue-All The Stuff We Do



The Clash-Sandinista!



DNA-DNA On DNA



El Guapo-Fake French



Fugazi-13 Songs



Godspeed! You Black Emperor-F# A# Infinity



Kraftwerk-Trans Europe Express



Liars-They Were Wrong, So We Drowned



McLusky-McLusky Do Dallas



Miss Violetta Beauregarde-Odi Profanum Vulgaris Et Arceo



Nico-The Frozen Borderline 1968-1970



Public Image Ltd.-Metal Box



Radiohead-Kid A



The Robot Ate Me-On Vacation



Smashing Pumpkins-Siamese Dream



Sonic Youth-Confusion Is Sex/Kill Yr. Idols



Throbbing Gristle-20 Jazz Funk Greats



The Velvet Underground-The Velvet Underground & Nico



Visage-Visage



Wolf Eyes-Slicer



Xiu Xiu-A Promise



Okay, chew on that for a while boys and girls and i'll be back with some reviews in a bit.

No comments: